Introduction to Master Pages
My first article in a 6 part series on Master Pages and SharePoint has been published to www.sharepointmagazine.net. You can view the article here: http://sharepointmagazine.net/technical/development/introduction-to-master-pages.
This article is the first part of a larger series of articles:
1. Introduction to Master Pages.
2. Examining the out of the box Master Pages in SharePoint.
3. Developing a custom Master Page for SharePoint.
4. Options to deploy a Master Page for a production ready system.
5. Customizing the Application.master Page.
6. Incorporating a Master Page into a SharePoint site definition
This article is intended to give a general introduction to the master page concept in ASP.NET. In this article we will discuss the structure and architecture of an ASP.NET Master Page. We will show ASP.NET Master Page’s basic concepts in order to gain an understanding of how the pages work. This article will lay the groundwork for the subsequent articles in this series on customizing SharePoint Master Pages.
I will keep this blog up to date when the rest of the series is published.